Pages

2.3.10

it's like she can see the world through my eyes

this cute, fierce lady is one of the most creative, talented artists i have ever met.
and she creates things that really....that really speaks to the child in me. no, scratch that. she creates things that perfectly speaks to ME. b/c really, i still am a kid at heart.
ice cream and cookies!
interesting looking people!
reading!
fortresses!
elephants!
little kids!
and i thought those were enough to melt my heart (especially the facial/body expressions of her kids) but then she recently started drawing a lot of trees. trees! trees have always had a special place in my heart. me and trees go way back...to the days of modesto.

modesto. i still remember this place. in my mind and heart, modesto is my heaven on earth. i think it has a lot to do with how much i loved childhood, and most of my childhood was spent in modesto. 

in this heaven...
...all our neighbors were our friends
...i spent every day outdoors
...mr. possum and mrs. duck would frequently visit our backyard to play with missus rabbit, our many dogs, and our family of chickens
...i had time to build fortresses and imaginary ancient cilivations
...tree climbing was a frequent endeavor. trees, here, there and everywhere!!
...there was a peach grove right behind our house, where we can pick our own peaches and eat it right then and there (still the best tasting peaches i've ever had)
...mom, dad, my brother and i would have dinner together every night

so much of her artwork depicts the way i see/love life. *sigh*

3 comments:

Chandid said...

I love it!

Love Mama said...

:) me too!

genevieve said...

my goodness! thanks for the love & for sharing :)