Pages

22.4.12

FULL FORCE

2012 has been thrillingly eventful, and I am so very thankful for every minute of it. After coming back from India, I thought I'd return back to the usual. In fact, exactly because of this reason, I was actually slightly dreading coming back.

woohoo
But oh boy, was I wrong. The world continues to surprise me. Los Angeles continues to surprise me. The city, just like people, is such an organic living, breathing thing, that constantly evolves and changes. And once in a while, I get caught off guard by not only how beautiful the city can be but also by how often I catch myself simplifying the city as either good or bad. This city of angels is so complex!

I digress. Back to the topic at hand. Lots of new things going on. And I'd like to share them via photos (btw, apologies in advance as my photos are all from different phones/apps so the quality & size of each really varies)!


<3
2012 is the year of reunions! Got to reunite with one of my bfs from HS. We got to reunite over some legit teppanyaki in Roppongi at a restaurant called Ten (meaning Heaven in English). Love this girl!


You can see downtown from here 
Also, my childhood friend, whom I've known since I was 5, moved to L.A.! Our families used to go to the same church in Stockton (near Sacramento, CA). To welcome her to the city, we caught up over brunch and an afternoon hike at Runyon Canyon.

I also met up with two guys, who I knew from my senior year of HS in Shanghai, over Cambodian food in Snoop Dogg's hood. Didn't get a picture with them though.


They were so awesome!
This past weekend, I taught my first yoga class (the ones during my yoga program don't count!) at the Silverlake Meadows. The weather was on my side - so gorgeous and bright! I was nervous the night before so I arrived early to meditate. Glad I did because meditation and my own quick asana practice before everyone arrived really quelled my nerves. All in all, I think I did well, but I know that I still have much to improve on. One thing's for sure, I LOVED it. :)

Farewell dinner the best way possible - over beer and Korean bar food
I am no longer working at the advertising agency I was with for the past 3 years. I loved my boss and most of my coworkers and I learned more at this agency than I could've ever imagined, but I was given an opportunity that aligned better with my overall life vision.



Coming at LA, FULL FORCE.
Which brings me to my biggest piece of news. I am now the first and newly appointed East LA Community Manager for Gogobot! I am SO excited as I will get to be the ultimate host! I'll be taking care of the entire Gogobot community that resides in Koreatown, Silverlake, Echo Park, Pasadena, Downtown, Alhambra and Glendale! You can follow my adventures on my new handle.


Such a beautiful wedding!
This year has been so exciting and we're not even mid-way! Friends are getting engaged and married left and right, new careers for many, some of them are pregnant or already gave birth...it's all quite exhilarating, isn't it?

No comments: