Pages

11.2.09

fail to win

I got laid off today.
This is a huge milestone. I got laid off for the first time in my life.
It's hard to express my feelings...
I guess all I can say is, "omfgasdfahfoihw whooohooooooo"

The thing is, I was planning to quit by the end of February. Because of many many many many many reasons. Since two weeks ago, I've been very uneasy...b/c my personal due date for my 2-weeks notice was coming up...it takes big balls to quit! So I put it off, but the more I put it off, the more unhappy I was. Then today, I get called in to the office and they let me go.

I've never had this happen to me before...when my boss' words "I'm sorry but we have to let you go," came out of his mouth, it was in slow motion, as if I was in a dream. It took me about a minute to realize that I was actually not dreaming.

It's so uncanny. Perfect timing. The day I was going to quit is the day I get fired. I feel very good. I feel like I'm in the best position there is.

Time to celebrate with my favorite coworkers who also got laid off today. Huge celebration. Liberation.

No comments: